- Breathable for gases and vapour, resistant to water permeability in liquid form.
- Hygienic without exception, meets standards ČSN EN ISO 10993:5 and 10993:10.
- Improvement of user comfort – better skin breathability, reduction of unpleasant side effects such as: skin inflammation, sores, etc.
- Tailored to the specific needs of the customer.
- Fatra Sontek® F breathable films are manufactured from densely filled polyethylene by extrusion technology.
- The films are permeable to gases and water vapour but impermeable to water in liquid state.
- The films are matt, soft and pleasant to the touch.
- It is possible to print up to eight colours on the film.
- The flms are hygienic without exception, suitable for hygienic applications, the films are designed for use in the manufacture of disposable sanitary products – nappies for babies, sanitary towels, incontinence pads/pants and supplies for the chronically ill. The films help enhance user comfort – their permeability allows the skin to breathe better, reducing the potential occurrence of undesirable side effects such as rashes, sores etc.
Customisation options for the films
- The colour of the film depends on your requirement.
- Drawing ratio 1:1 to 1:5.
- Option of corona treatment.
- Option of embossing.
- Option of anti-microbial treatment.
- Lamination with various types of non-woven textile (PP, PES, etc.).
- Flexographic print of up to 8 colours.
- Print up to 3 different motives on one roll.
- Registered print. random print.
- Maximal print width of 1,270 mm.
- Printing optionally on PE, PP, PET materials.
|Width (mm)||Base weight (g/m²)||* Breathability (g/m² / 24 hours)|
|80 – 2000||13 – 40||1000 – 12 000
* Testing optionally on Mocon or Lyssy equipment
|Property||Direction||Film weight. 13 – 20 (g/m²)||Norm|
|10 – 30 (N/25mm)
1,5 – 7,0 (N/25mm)
|EN ISO 527-1,3|
|Elongation at break||MD
|60 – 80 (%)
70 – 500 (%)
|EN ISO 527-1,3|
Notes: CD = cross direction, MD = machine direction
The film (laminate) is joined to the other components of the hygienic product at the final processing plants. Typical final structure:
- internal layer (nonwoven fleece, textile mesh)
- intermediate layer (absorption materials of different composition)
- internal layer (breathable film or laminate)
Applications of breathable films – as a backsheet in the production of disposable hygienic products:
- nappies for babies
- sanitary towels
- incontinence products (incontinence pants, etc.)
- items for the chronically il
- various medical application.
This film avoids the release of liquid from products, while still letting gases and water vapour circulate. Consequently, the skin is able to breathe but stay dry and not irritated by liquid.
Please contact the Sales Department at Fatra for more details
Tel.: +420 577 502 589
Mobil: +420 724 405 594