- Breathable for gases and vapours, resistant to water permeability in liquid form.
- Hygienic without exception, meets standards ČSN EN ISO 10993:5 and 10993:10.
- Tailored to the specific needs of the customer.
- Improvement of user comfort – better skin breathability, reduction of unpleasant side effects such as: skin inflammation, sores, etc.
- Textile in form in touch and appearance.
- Fatra Sontek®L breathable laminates are manufactured by laminating breathable film and non-woven fabric.
- The laminates are permeable to gases and water vapour but impermeable to liquid.
- The fleece in the laminate gives the product texture and the appearance of textile. The laminates can be supplied in white or printed with up to eight colours.
- The laminates are hygienic without exception, suitable for hygienic applications, the laminates are designed for use in the manufacture of disposable sanitary products – nappies for babies, sanitary towels, incontinence pads/pants and supplies for the chronically ill.
- They help to enhance user comfort – their permeability allows the skin to breathe better, reducing the potential occurrence of undesirable side effects such as rashes and sores.
- Higher breathability levels are available upon request.
- Option of anti-microbial treatment.
- Lamination with various types of non-woven textiles (standard, high softness, materials with various absorption capacities, and so on).
- Flexographic print of up to 8 colours.
- Print up to 3 different motives on one roll.
- Registered print. random print.
- Maximal print width of 1,270 mm.
- Printing optionally on PE, PP, PET materials.
|Width (mm)||Base weight (g/m²)||* Breathability (g/m² / 24 hours)|
|80 – 2000||24 – 60||500 – 12 000
* Testing optionally on Mocon or Lyssy equipment
|Property||Direction||Film weight: 22 – 38 (g/m²)||Standard|
|20 – 35 (N/25mm)
4 – 12 (N/25mm)
|EN ISO 527-1,3|
|Elongation at break||MD
|70 – 125 (%)
60 – 130 (%)
|EN ISO 527-1,3|
Notes: CD = cross direction, MD = machine direction
The film (laminate) is joined to the other components of the hygienic product at the final processing plants. Typical final structure:
- internal layer (nonwoven fleece, textile mesh)
- intermediate layer (absorption materials of different composition)
- internal layer (breathable film or laminate)
Applications of breathable films – as a backsheet in the production of disposable hygienic products:
- nappies for babies
- sanitary towels
- incontinence products (Incontinence pants, etc.)
- items for the chronically ill
- various medical application.
The film in laminate avoids the release of liquid from products, while still letting gases and water vapour circulate. Consequently, the skin is able to breathe but stay dry and not irritated by liquid.
Please contact the Sales Department at Fatra for more details
Tel.: +420 577 502 589
Mobil: +420 724 405 594